As Amitabh Bachchan turns 77, we look at some of the most memorable dialogues of his career.
What do you say about a man who is ‘Rishtey mein tumhare baap’? Who can ‘talk English, walk English and laugh English’? Who is ‘Parampara, Pratishtha, Anushasan’, but at the same time is aware that ‘Zindagi ka tambu teen bambuo pe khada hai’.
Alright, enough with the hints. We know that you know that we’re talking about Amitabh Bachchan. And today, as Bollywood’s Shahenshah turns 77, we’re looking back 10 of his most iconic dialogues. Hainn!
We dare you to say it like him, in his characteristic baritone. We dare you, we double dare you.
1. Main aaj bhi phenke hue paise nahin uthata – Deewar
2. Jahan khade ho jaate hain, line wahi se shuru hoti hain – Kaalia
3. Rishte mein toh hum tumhare baap lagte hain, naam hai Shahenshah – Shahenshah
4. I can talk English, I can walk English, I can laugh English because English is a very phunny language. Bhairo becomes Byron because their minds are very narrow! – Namak Halal
5. Main aur meri tanhaai – aksar ye baatein karte hain… – Silsila
6. Daaru peene se liver kharab ho jaata hai. – Satte Pe Satta
7. Anand mara nahi, Anand marte nahi – Anand
8. Uff tumhaare usool, tumhaare adarsh. Kis kaam ke hai tumhaare usool. Tumhaare saare usoolon ko goond kae ek waqt ki roti nahin banaai jaa sakti, Ravi – Shakti
9. Apun woh kutte ki dum hai, jo baara baras nalli ke andar daal ke, nalli tedi hoti, apun seedha nahin hota! – Laawaris
10. Mujhe jo sahi lagta hai main karta hoon, fir chahe wo bhagwan ke khilaaf ho, kanoon ke khilaf ho ya pure system ke khilaaf. – Sarkar
Comment your favorite dialogue in the comment box below.